For decades, custom made dentures have been an economical and effective solution to replacing all of your missing teeth at one time. Each of our Scottsdale dentures options is customized the unique needs of our patients. You may not have realized that there were so many to choose from in the past!
Types of Scottsdale, Scottsdale, and Scottsdale Dentures
Full Removable Dentures — Most of the people who see our Scottsdale dentures providers are here for a full denture. Sometimes called a “plate,” this type of prosthesis will replace all your teeth in the upper or lower arch at one time. They do not allow for any natural teeth to be retained, so diseased or unhealthy teeth will need to be extracted.
Partial Dentures — When you have several teeth that need to be replaced, and you don’t need a full denture or even a dental bridge, our Scottsdale dentures providers may recommend a partial.
Partials snap in and out around your remaining teeth, making them smaller than a conventional denture. They can be made of acrylic or on a metal base. A partial denture may be your option of choice if you are not a candidate for dental implants.
Implant Supported or Retained Scottsdale Dentures — Your full denture can be made to rest over full sized dental implants. They can be removable so that you can take them out each night, or permanently affixed in place by our Scottsdale dentures providers. The latter option is usually more streamlined in design, freeing up extra space in your mouth for added comfort.
Mini Implant Denture Stabilization — Mini dental implants are a great way to retrofit your existing denture for a more stable fit. These smaller dental implants can be set into your jaw (even in areas of limited bone) so that your denture rests over them and is prevented from moving about throughout the day.
Because of their size, mini implants are the often go-to choice for people who have been told that dental implants are not an option.
Caring for Your Scottsdale Denture Prosthesis
There are a few things you should keep in mind when you’re caring for your new denture. As each of our Scottsdale denture providers will tell you, the better you care for your new prosthesis, the longer it will last. Although dentures weren’t made to last forever like dental implants, you can still get several years of use out of them when proper measures are taken.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Remove your denture each night. Sleeping in it routinely could cause you to develop an oral infection and accelerated bone loss (causing the denture to not fit properly.)
- Soak your denture in an appropriate cleansing solution overnight, then brush it thoroughly in the morning with a soft denture brush. Rinse it well before putting it back into your mouth.
- Bring your denture with you to your dental checkups, so that we can inspect or clean it as necessary.
- Let us know if things aren’t fitting very well. Your denture may need to be adjusted or relined. However, a great-fitting Scottsdale denture shouldn’t require the use of adhesive pastes or strips. Let us know if this is a concern.
- Clean your gums and palate at least twice a day. You can use a soft toothbrush with tap water, or a damp washcloth.
- Do not scrub your denture with adhesive toothpastes, as this can cause them to develop small scratches that collect stain and impact the appearance of your smile.
Will Your Insurance Cover Scottsdale Dentures and Partials?
Dentures are one of the most affordable types of restorative dentistry services. Even then, most types of our Scottsdale dentures are covered at least in some portion by your dental insurance.
Our treatment plan coordinators will work closely with your insurance company to estimate the exact dollar amount that is covered. Then, we can calculate what your out of pocket expenses are expected to be. We won’t hide numbers from you or forget to mention something that isn’t included in the price. The treatment quote that you get from us is honest and easy to understand.
Affording your Scottsdale Dentures
Let’s say that your dental insurance doesn’t cover the full cost of your Scottsdale dentures, or you don’t have insurance at all. You’ll be happy to know that dentures are still a fairly affordable option for full mouth reconstruction.
Plus, Dental Design Studio works closely with CareCredit, so that you can:
- Finance your entire treatment, no matter what type of restorative dentistry is being provided (including cosmetic treatments)
- Start your dental treatment on the very same day
- Enjoy 0% interest financing for up to 12 months
- Apply online or at the time of your appointment
- Make low monthly payments on your treatment that still fit into your budget
If you have any questions regarding this supplemental payment plan, please don’t hesitate to let our treatment coordinators know. We are more than happy to answer any questions that you have.
See Our Scottsdale Dentures Providers for a No-Hassle Consultation
At Dental Design Studio, our Scottsdale dentists have over 60 years of combined experience in general and family dentistry. We’re here to ensure that every patient is looked after in the same manner that we would expect for a member of our own family. In most cases, we can start your treatment on the very same day as your exam.
If you’re curious about the types of Scottsdale denture options available, we invite you to give Dental Design Studio a call to schedule a consultation at one of our three convenient locations — including Scottsdale and Scottsdale. You’ll never feel pressured into treatment you don’t want or need, but rather be given the options that you deserve. Se habla español. We can’t wait to see you!